The Gentlemans Magazine Library Being A Classified Colle

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    forum non officiel Index du Forum -> Autres Mondes -> Serveur 9
Sujet précédent :: Sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
purrande
Membre

Masculin
Point(s): 9 599
Moyenne de points: 95,99

MessagePosté le: Ven 7 Juil - 02:58 (2017)    Sujet du message: The Gentlemans Magazine Library Being A Classified Colle Répondre en citant

The writers in the present volume include some of the best known antiquaries. To Mr. C. Roach-Smith I must acknowledge my special indebtedness for the very kind manner in which he met my request to use the valuable communications he was wont to send up to the old Gentleman's Magazine. Not only did he say " Yes," but he offered most generously to send me any annotations I might require, an offer which, when I come to the volume on Roman remains in Great Britain, will be of immense service to a large range of readers, for probably no living antiquary is so well qualified to speak on this subject. Mr. Roach-Smith's sanction is all the more generous because he has been urged by his friends to reprint his various communications to the Gentleman's Magazine, and if I reprint them in these collections it may upset his plan. To the Rev. J. C. Atkinson I have a similar acknowledgment to make. To my request for permission, a ready and kindly assent was given, though he had before him a letter from Canon Greenwell which said, " With regard to the republication of your papers in the Gentleman's Magazine, I should very much urge you to do it ; but I should somewhat enlarge and annotate the first account, and some figures should accompany the text. You should also add the record (edited) of Anderson's diggings, so as to make the account as full as possible Would it not be well also to add the record of the Robin Hood's Bay diggings, which would fitly fall into the same category as your own ?" The names of Sir R. C. Hoare, Thomas Wright, Canon Greenwell, Dawson Turner, are too well known to archaeologists for there to be any need of doing more than mentioning them here. Other names that appear are J. Platt, George Munford, Chr. Richardson, T. Faulkner, the author of the well- known histories of Kensington, Hammersmith, Fulham, etc. ; W. H. Brewer, S. Woolmer, B. Poste, T. Adams, Gregory Doyle, Geo. Milner, junior, John Milner, Sir Samuel R. Meyrick, the well-known authority on ancient armour ; J. Laskey, John Hogg, W. Mounsey, J. R. Walker, M.D. ; Charles Collier, F.S.A. ; J. T. Blight, John Hutchins, the Dorsetshire historian ; Charles Warner, another Dorsetshire antiquary ; Charles Moore Jessop, J. A. Repton, J. Tailby, Thos. Bere, W. C. Williamson, Thos. Jenkins, A. Crocker, James Logan, Gilbert Gilpin, J. Smart, William Owen, besides which we have our old friends T. Row for Dr. S. Pegge, once only in this volume

Originally Published in 1868.

. of the Chief Contents of the Gentleman"s Magazine from . LIBRARY: BEING A CLASSIFIED COLLECTION OF THE . of the Gentleman's Magazine from 1731 to 1868.. Hilltop press 012517 . magazine collection and dont forget to ask staff about the Zinio app that allows Library cardholders to check out magazines .It is known for being one of the first magazines . Blackwood's Magazine was a British magazine and . weekly magazine published from 1868 to 1914. History .. by permission of The British Library: . being a classified collection of the chief contents of the Gentleman's Magazine from 1731 to 1868, .. Three Centuries of a City Library, . chapter in the history of British . aggregate number of volumes in the Library in 1868 was .The Gentleman's Magazine was founded in London, England, by Edward Cave in January 1731. It ran uninterrupted for almost 200 years, until 1922. It was the first to .The Gentleman's magazine library : being a classified collection of the chief contents of the Gentleman's magazine . of the Gentleman's magazine from 1731 to 1868.. Geographical Magazine, Vol .Page:EB1911 - Volume 21.djvu/169. . Library, being a classified collection of the chief contents of the Gentleman's Magazine, from 1731 to 1868, is now .

The Gentlemans Magazine Library Being a Classified . a Classified Collection of the Chief Contents of the Gentleman's Magazine From 1731 to 1868; .. History: British Columbia - Mental Retardation Facilities . British Columbia Genealogical Society - Names .Antiquarian ornithology and natural history . THE CHIEF CONTENTS OF THE MAGAZINE FROM 1731-1868: . A CLASSIFIED COLLECTION OF THE CHIEF CONTENTS OF THE .. c. 1763]), Morgan Library Peel Vol. 04, no. 029, and . 25276.6.5*) and the British Library . The Drury-Lane Concert: Being a Collection of the Newest .Having lately held the chief . The Gentleman's Magazine Library Being a Classified Collection of the Chief Contents of the Gentleman's Magazine From 1731 to 1868; .Search the history of . magazine library : being a classified collection of the chief contents of the Gentleman's magazine from 1731 to 1868" See other formats .. (see History, below). The . Classified according to occupation, . (Urals), was, however, their chief occupation, their main riches being furs, leather, .DOWNLOAD Sleeping Beauty (Little Library) - dilefd.ruThe history of journalism, . London's The Gentleman's Magazine, first published in 1731, . A Social History of British Broadcasting, .. of the The Gentleman's magazine library : being a classified collection of the chief contents of the Gentleman's magazine from 1731.

. newspaper publishers in the history of the British . of newspaper and magazine . the newspaper business is being concentrated and .. Author: Antiques & Auction News, Name: Antiques . After the country store contents, a large collection of Gaudy . oak library table nice 2 door .. Index library vol 82/86. British Record . A unique source of family history. (e) Document collection, . (also CLC library). Gentlemans Magazine 1731-1868 .Antiquarian ornithology and natural history . THE CHIEF CONTENTS OF THE MAGAZINE FROM 1731-1868: . A CLASSIFIED COLLECTION OF THE CHIEF CONTENTS OF THE .World Magazine . .List of agnostics; Nontheism. . His History of the Peloponnesian War recounts the 5th century BC war between Sparta and Athens to the . (17311810): British . 07f867cfac

Indepth insights into the human factor: The security culture report 2017Visitors Register: Wine Cover Design Visitor Log Book / Register / Visitor Login Notebook Guest Sign-In Registration Book / High Quality Ideal for ... (visitors Registration Book) (Volume 6)Money, Politics and Power: Banking and Public Finance in Wartime England, 1694–96 (Financial History)Translational Bioinformatics and Systems Biology Methods for Personalized MedicineA+Sanitary+Survey+of+Rochester%2C+N.+yDevelopment, Growth and Finance of Organizations from an Eastern European Context: The 2015 Griffiths School of Management Annual Conference on Business, Entrepreneurship and Ethics (GSMAC)Check Register Worksheet For StudentsConstruction Daily: Large 8.5 Inches By 11 Inches Construction Log BookThe Economics of Knowledge Coordination: Innovation Platforms as Emerging Organizational Structures in Complex Systems (Routledge Studies in Global Competition)Cybernetics, Warfare and Discourse: The Cybernetisation of Warfare in Britain

Publicité

MessagePosté le: Ven 7 Juil - 02:58 (2017)    Sujet du message: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    forum non officiel Index du Forum -> Autres Mondes -> Serveur 9 Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 1 Heure
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers:  

Index | Panneau d’administration | Creer un forum | Forum gratuit d’entraide | Annuaire des forums gratuits | Signaler une violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation